MCNA Combats Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
MCNA investigates all cases of suspected fraud, waste and abuse (FWA). We refer them when necessary for investigation by state regulators and law enforcement. Our members and providers are the most important links in identifying fraud. You know best what dental services you have received or rendered.
You can report suspected fraud by phone, through email, or through regular mail. You can do this without giving your name. If you agree to give your name and other contact information, though, it will help our Compliance Department obtain future information. Everything you report is kept confidential. When reporting suspected fraud, please provide as much detail as possible, including the following information:
- The name of person you suspect of committing fraud.
- The item or service involved in the matter.
- The place where the service took place.
- A full description of the act that you think involved fraud.
- The timeframe in which the service happened.
- The amount of money involved, if you know.
Reporting Fraud to MCNA
If you suspect fraud, please contact the MCNA Compliance Department through one of the following options:
- Call the Fraud, Waste and Abuse Hotline at: 1-855-392-6262
- Mail a letter to:
Attention: Fraud, Waste and Abuse
200 West Cypress Creek Road, Suite 500
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Send an email through our online form.
Reporting Fraud to Your State
If you suspect fraud and want to contact your state directly, you have several options. Please find the right contact number from those listed by state below.
- Agency for Health Administration Consumer Complaint Hotline: 1-888-419-3456
- Florida Attorney General Medicaid Hotline: 1-866-966-7226
- Iowa Medicaid Program Integrity Unit Hotline: 1-877-446-3787
- Iowa Office of Inspector General Fraud Hotline: 1-800-447-8477
- Louisiana Program Integrity Fraud and Abuse Hotline: 1-800-488-2917
- Louisiana Office of Inspector General Fraud and Abuse Hotline: 1-866-801-2549
- Texas Office of Inspector General, Health and Human Services Commission: 1-800-436-6184
- Texas Department of Insurance's Fraud Unit Hotline: 1-888-327-8818